Thursday, August 31, 2017

Price Action Trading Patterns: Pin Bars, Fakey’s, Inside Bars

author thumb
By in Forex Trading Strategies on | 194 Comments
In this Forex trading lesson, I am going to share with you three of my favorite price action trading strategies; pin bars, inside bars and fakeys. These trading setups are simple yet very powerful, and if you learn to trade them with discipline and patience you will have a very potent Forex trading edge.
Whilst these three setups are my ‘core’ setups, there are many other versions and variations of them that we focus on in our members’ community and advanced price action trading course. However, you can learn some good basics in this article to lay the foundation for future learning. So, without further delay, let’s get this party started…
Pin Bar Setup:
The pin bar is a staple of the way I trade the Forex market. It has a very high accuracy rate in trending markets and especially when occurring at a confluent level. Pin bars occurring at important support and resistance levels are generally very accurate setups. Pin bars can be taken counter trend as well, as long as they are very well defined and protrude significantly from the surrounding price bars, indicating a strong rejection has occurred, and preferably only on the daily chart time frame. See the illustration to the right for an example of a bearish pin bar (1st bar) and a bullish pin bar (2nd bar) —>
In the following chart example we will take a look at pin bars occurring within the context of a trending market; my favorite way to trade them. Also, note that this uptrend began on the back of two bullish pin bars that brought an end to the existing downtrend.

Fakey Setup:
The fakey trading strategy is another bread and butter price action setup. It indicates rejection of an important level within the market. Often times the market will appear to be headed one direction and then reverse, sucking all the amateurs in as the professionals push price back in the opposite direction. The fakey setup can set off some pretty big moves in the Forex market.
As we can see in the illustration to the right, the fakey pattern essentially consists of an inside bar–> setup followed by a false break of that inside bar and then a close back within its range. The fakey entry is triggered as price moves back up past the high of the inside bar (or the low in the case of a bearish fakey).
In the chart below we can see the market was recently moving higher before the fakey formed. Note the fakey was formed on the false-break of an inside bar setup that occurred as all the amateurs tried to pick the market top, the pros then stepped in and flushed out all the amateurs in a flurry of buying…

Inside Bar Setup:
The inside bar is a great trend continuation signal, but it can also be used as a turning point signal. However, the first way to learn how to trade the inside bar strategy is as a continuation signal, so that is what we will focus on here, more info on the inside bar and all the ways to trade it can be found in my advanced price action trading course. As we can see in the illustration to the right, an inside bar is completely contained within the range of–>  the previous bar
It shows a brief consolidation and then a break out in the dominant trend direction. Inside bars are best played on daily and weekly charts. They allow for very small risks and yet very large rewards. The inside bar strategy combined with a very strongly trending market is one of my favorite price action setups.
In the example below, we are looking at a current (as of this writing) EURUSD inside bar trade setup that has come off to the downside with the existing bearish market momentum. We can see a nice inside bar setup formed just after the market broke down below a key support level, the setup has since come off significantly lower and is still falling towards the next support at 1.2625, as of this writing. Many of our members are in on this trade as we’ve discussed it extensively in both the members forum and the daily member’s commentary.

As you can see from the three examples above, Forex trading does not have to be complicated or involve plastering messy and confusing indicators all over your charts. Once you master a few solid price action setups like the ones above and the others in my Forex trading course, you will be well on your way to becoming a more confident and profitable trader, just remember, mastering these setups will require patience, dedication and discipline.

About Nial Fuller

is a Professional Trader & Author who is considered ‘The Authority’ on Price Action Trading. He has a monthly readership of 250,000+ traders and has taught 15,000+ students since 2008. Checkout Nial's Professional Forex Course here.
  1. sreekumar August 21, 2017 at 12:18 am
    Hi Nial,
    I am so grateful to you giving me valid information which will help me.i just want to ask if this stratergy can be applied in one hour time frame.can u suggest me best time frame to trade.as of now am totally free can i use one hour time frame.
    Regards,
    Sreekumar.

    Reply
  2. Khan Faizul Bari August 1, 2017 at 12:33 pm
    Thanks for all your valuable information
    Reply
  3. Agung palguna July 28, 2017 at 2:25 pm
    Thank you……i have read your chart example of pin bar, fake pinbar n hidden pinbar……..i want to ask about timeframe you use for that for the best…? Thank you
    Reply
  4. akpos omonis July 27, 2017 at 8:35 pm
    thank you very much for your information i will apply for a course when am fully ready.
    Reply
  5. Samuel July 5, 2017 at 11:43 pm
    Thanks alot as a newbie am gonna need this very much
    Reply
  6. Nonnazoza June 12, 2017 at 6:33 pm
    I have read this over and over again, it’s starting to make sense. Thanks
    Reply
  7. imi June 10, 2017 at 9:01 am
    Hi Nail,
    Thanks for all your valuable information you are sharing with traders.
    But i have seen these forms of pin bars, inside pin bars, … in the history of charts for different time frames without this form of moving and during 5 years of trading i could not use them as you have mentioned above. Even i have written all the important necessary shape, forms, … and follow step to step and 1 out of 10 times they were accurate.
    How can you explain these problems?
    Best wishes
    imi

    Reply
    • Roy Peters August 21, 2017 at 3:29 am
      Join the course.
      Reply
  8. Allan Villanueva May 28, 2017 at 1:56 pm
    Hi Nail,
    You found the HOLY GRAIL, i love this set up.
    More blessings to come.

    Cheers,
    Allan Villanueva fr. Philippines
    Reply
  9. Christian Louboutin May 27, 2017 at 12:39 pm
    It’s the best time tto make a few plans for the linger term and it’s time tto be happy.
    I have learn this put up and if I could I desire to couunsel you ssome interesting issues
    or suggestions. Maybe you can write subsequent articles referring to this
    article. I want to learn even more things about it!

    Reply
  10. Ndumiso Ngubane May 11, 2017 at 5:24 am
    Thank you so much sir nial fuller this is so clear I will stick to these setup I really want to be a successful trader one day, thanks once again.
    Reply
  11. Vasilika May 8, 2017 at 5:17 am
    I’m a beginner, but I really start to love this profession. This is a very interesting lesson. I’m waiting for the next one.Thanks a lot.
    Reply
  12. Blanche April 29, 2017 at 5:35 am
    Thank you nail. As I am a beginner im starting to understand now
    Reply
  13. Thol Menghim April 27, 2017 at 2:22 pm
    Hi, Nail
    I really impress with your Price Action Trading Strategy. It’s good strategy for me.

    Thank you for your sharing!
    Reply
  14. Paul Cowley April 12, 2017 at 7:38 pm
    Thank you for this article.
    Presumably you look for the momentum switch or pin bar on the daily chart and place your trade on the 4hr?
    Also, what determines your target?
    Is it the next two candle cluster on the daily chart from where you have entered?
    Also, what determines your STOP loss. Is this above or below the fractal closest to live price on the 4hr chart?

    Kind regards
    Paul Cowley

    Reply
  15. Letitia February 24, 2017 at 2:50 pm
    Very informative. You really keep it simple ☺amazing trully. Thank you and look forward to learning from you how to trade profitable.
    Reply
  16. Silah samundy February 22, 2017 at 8:56 am
    Very good
    Reply
  17. Rahmat February 19, 2017 at 9:21 pm
    KISS but need to be mastering PA in deep detail
    Reply
  18. Demas Rabonara February 6, 2017 at 4:28 pm
    Hi Nial,
    This is all new to me, but thankyou. I want to learn more and be a very good trader..
    Reply
  19. chris January 20, 2017 at 4:47 am
    hi fuller,thanks for educating me on this three patterns.i really learnt a lot from it.
    please am a new trader and i want you to teach me how to trade the market very well.
    i just started a demo accounts.

    Reply
  20. NJIHIA MWANGI December 4, 2016 at 1:04 am
    Hi Fuller, I am impressed by your lessons. Especially the P.A.S. this is my 4th year as a FOREX TRADER. I will tell more but for now. Thanks.
    Reply
  21. nthabiseng November 24, 2016 at 5:46 pm
    I wish I will understand this because I want to trade soon
    Reply
  22. J E N November 19, 2016 at 8:35 am
    Nail you are unique I love you
    Reply
  23. Simy Sadoun November 11, 2016 at 2:42 pm
    Brilliant simplicity through the pages. I would love to master all of this.
    I will try to master some of it. Thank you,

    Reply
  24. Ramon olivares fransisco November 5, 2016 at 6:43 am
    Thank you for the piece of information, added now to files in my head 💪🏼 Have ablessingg day hopefully one day well meet
    Reply
  25. olasunkanmi Abiodun November 2, 2016 at 4:51 am
    nail, to be honest with you! how i wish i could see you and be by my side always. your articles are giving me a complete hope in trading forex because i am a newbe.
    Reply
  26. Nimesh October 28, 2016 at 4:02 pm
    Thank you sir for the information given
    Reply
  27. Puvan October 18, 2016 at 5:34 pm
    Nial..Nial…Nial, its a blessing for me to have stumbled upon your website. You are a truly genuine forex master. Thank you so much for your guidance. Just yesterday I tried to follow your price action method on a daily chart ..sell on usd/cad guess what…110 pips already in my pocket. Thank you my dear friend and officially you are my long searched Mentor.
    Thank You
    Puvan

    Reply
  28. sara October 14, 2016 at 6:48 am
    Thanks you sir I’m looking forward for this trading lesson thanks again.
    Reply
  29. bulbul October 2, 2016 at 2:27 pm
    hai sir, i an use only inside bar without confirmation candle?
    Reply
  30. Colin September 30, 2016 at 12:09 am
    Thanks for the straight forward approach. I over analyze way too often
    The average teacher explains complexity; the gifted teacher reveals simplicity.

    Reply
  31. Priobrota September 28, 2016 at 11:01 pm
    Hi Nial,
    Thanks thanks thanks thanks…
    I never knew that price action is the best thing after…. well.. after price action and candle pattern pin bar very good effect ?

    Reply
  32. Khyati verdhan September 27, 2016 at 12:40 pm
    Thanks sir
    Reply
  33. Shaz September 25, 2016 at 10:12 am
    Thank you for this ‘Ah Hah’ moment…..it has taken me a long time to work out my trading style and many years of frustration, not to mention heaps of $$$$ but something in the way you explain this price action just made the penny drop for me so THANK YOU for that. This is now playing my tune and I’m ready to dance :)
    Reply
  34. Kiran Sahrawat September 7, 2016 at 6:40 pm
    Excellently written and explained. A lot to take in and needs to be read time and again to understand the nitty gritty in each mother bar and pin bar.
    You have reiterated my belief that trading is not about luck ; its about putting in the long yards and then earning some money.

    Reply
  35. Mamiki Dube September 3, 2016 at 2:55 pm
    Good day Sir I’m new here and will to learn forex trading hopefully I will understand as time goes on
    Reply
  36. George Houthoff August 31, 2016 at 1:01 am
    Hi Nial,
    its been 2 days now that I am reading your articles and I’ve been learning more then the last couple of months. I test your set ups and tips directly after I read them and its amazing how good they actually work.

    You have the gift of explaining forex in a simple and direct way AND you are willing to share your knowledge. Thats just awesome man.
    Thank you very much, I will keep an close eye on your website, so much more to discover…
    George

    Reply
  37. mohamed August 26, 2016 at 7:28 am
    Thank you for these..
    Reply
  38. FESTUS OGUNYEBI August 20, 2016 at 6:59 pm
    Nial I just want to appreciate you for all this your wonderful free lesson given to people including myself, may God continue to bless you and your family in Jesus name.
    Festus O

    Reply
  39. yanto yunus August 20, 2016 at 3:25 am
    Thanks for information. And teaching me. If you have. I will pleasure to hear indonesian language from you. Btw thanks a lot
    Reply
  40. Timakatso Nodlovu August 18, 2016 at 6:35 pm
    Thank you nail.as new as l am .l hope one day l will come out with a testimony to say .though seem not easy but l will soldier on til l master it
    Reply
  41. mohamad noor August 17, 2016 at 6:39 pm
    Thank you sir for the information given
    Reply
  42. Somli August 11, 2016 at 5:59 am
    Thank you you just gave a clue on price action in looking forward to learn more
    Reply
  43. Daniel Mwangi July 29, 2016 at 12:04 pm
    Very helpful, thanks. Am new to this and expecting to learn more.
    Reply
  44. RICHMAN July 22, 2016 at 1:43 am
    I am new here but I see a great light ahead am prepared to learn thank U sir this is empowerment
    Reply
  45. Angeline Msomi (Thuli) July 20, 2016 at 5:34 am
    Thanks a lot Nial, real eye opener. Im fairly new in trading, scared to even do trades in my demo account, i really am trying to make sense of everything. Please advise on what do i look at when setting my levels (resistance and support and trendlines when a trend is either going up or down. Please help me.
    Reply
  46. afshin July 9, 2016 at 6:42 pm
    hi Nial
    what is your EMA in above pictures?

    Reply
  47. Evans Okai July 8, 2016 at 7:47 am
    Hi Nail,
    I really appreciate your price action tutorials.Thanks so much.
    Reply
  48. U G Nalin Senarath Kariyawasam June 11, 2016 at 12:01 am
    Thank you so much Mr Nial for your lessons , explanations and kindness…
    Reply
  49. Hansi June 6, 2016 at 12:43 pm
    Thanks niall.
    Reply
  50. Nkosenhle May 18, 2016 at 6:54 pm
    This is so helpful to me Mr Nial,thank you.
    Reply
  51. Joseph May 10, 2016 at 1:52 am
    Hi
    Thank you for the course.Highly appreciated
    Reply
  52. ALI MAHDAN April 11, 2016 at 10:51 am
    Good day Nial Fuller,
    Love your way doing forex. Like to master price action trading. After 8 years of trading, tried this even I’m new, I feel relax doing trading. Will study more with your guidance.
    Thanks

    Reply
  53. Nagawa Annet March 4, 2016 at 6:41 pm
    Thanks you’ve opened my eyes and mind about price action. Been asking myself a lot of questions. I really want to learn alot from you. Expand more on the inside bars.
    Reply
  54. Sphelele Nkabinde February 25, 2016 at 3:59 pm
    Thank you so much sir, though some of us still need to understand the basic language of trading, these words are still foreign to us but hopefully we’ll get to understand them as time moves on. God bless
    Reply
  55. Rizka February 17, 2016 at 8:25 am
    Nial, one should look around first before jumping. I wish I come across your article sooner. Greatly appreciate them, straightforward, informative and create a healthy appetite to learn. Thank you
    Reply
  56. christiana ayuba February 5, 2016 at 4:23 am
    Your information has helped me tremendously.may GOD give you more wisdom and understanding i am forever indebted to you.Sir i want to subscribe your signals but i don’t know how much it will cost me.thank you somuch may God bless you.
    Reply
  57. Eugene January 17, 2016 at 4:52 pm
    Inside Bar pattern is surely nice, but how do we know which way the price is going to move after it?
    Reply
  58. markus December 9, 2015 at 4:27 am
    Am new hoping to learn the basics first. Thanks
    Reply
  59. SD December 1, 2015 at 1:55 pm
    Thank you so much Nial
    Reply
  60. normallyreachme472 November 15, 2015 at 6:40 am
    I just stumbled over your blog couple of days ago on the web and quite frankly, I’m so impressed. I’m getting sucked deeper and deeper into your web of informations, I’m enjoying every bit of it.
    Thank you very much.
    Normallyreachme427.

    Reply
  61. Prakash K Narsian November 4, 2015 at 5:17 pm
    Hi Nail,
    I am new comer &stillneed more learning, hope your lessons will be great help to me.

    Reply
  62. Maria October 28, 2015 at 8:42 pm
    I like your teaching but I only trade Es and do your lifetime newsletter help my situation
    Reply
  63. Saowani October 26, 2015 at 11:56 am
    Thank you so much for your lessons , explanations … kindness …for all of forex traders. I am very beginner and start my first demo account on April 2015 , I am now on real account with volume size 0.01 USD . I try to find explanations of forex trading and I never find one as excellent as yours . I really appreciate and I read and read again and again .
    Wish you all success and happiness . Saowani

    Reply
  64. erson October 18, 2015 at 1:29 pm
    Hi Nial Fuller,
    I am new here,am still need more learning your technical.Thank you for your lesson.Have a good weekend Nial.
    Reply
  65. Isaiah Gift September 14, 2015 at 4:04 am
    Thank you Nial. You have been of great help
    Reply
  66. samuel iforai September 6, 2015 at 6:08 am
    helo. Nial you. are great and thank you for your generousity I can trade successfully.Samuel iforai
    Reply
  67. maged tharwat August 23, 2015 at 11:56 pm
    Thinks nial for your efforts
    Reply
  68. Bravola Lagos August 10, 2015 at 5:48 pm
    Hello Nial ,you are my role model ,you transform me to a successful fx trader using ur pin bar, inside bar, and fakey strategy plus the daily chart which gave me plenty pips coming across ur site is a blessing to me. God Bless you and your family very soon i will join ur community.
    Reply
  69. razif July 26, 2015 at 10:02 pm
    Hi Nial,as mentioned pin bars,inside bars and fakey is good for daily time frame. Can it still good for 4hr and 1hr time frame.
    Reply
    • Nial Fuller July 27, 2015 at 12:18 pm
      You can trade them on lower time frames, however I personally don’t go below the 1 hour chart.
      Reply
  70. tra June 8, 2015 at 12:21 am
    thanks Nial. You are super simple and effective coach. You have helped me out of the confusion again!
    Reply
  71. fauzi June 5, 2015 at 2:02 am
    hi, nial. now i repeat everday words you gave ‘ i will become a very successful trader’. now learning first pin bar and fakey, i get more confidence to trade. its simple but we don’t have confidence in ourself to stick to the rule. now i will stick to the rule. first find pin bar bullish or bearish. forget other set up first. wait until pin bar appear. patient, patient, patient.
    Reply
  72. Vic June 3, 2015 at 5:14 am
    Bravo Nial!
    This is quintessence of Price Action. The price tell us all about yourself on charts we only have to learn read these messages! Thanks. You are really the Best.
    Vic.
    Reply
  73. Mussie April 29, 2015 at 3:05 am
    Dear Nial
    Is it possible to see pin bars, inside bars and fakey at the same time in the chart? If yes, how often this happen and what is your interpretation for that?
    Mussie

    Reply
  74. peta April 25, 2015 at 11:40 am
    thanks so much for the column,I get this!!!! most definitely cleaner and more easily observed.Much simpler.
    Reply
  75. ced April 22, 2015 at 7:59 am
    Hi Nial
    For the Fakey set up, what would be the maximum number of inside bar (between the mother candle and the final fakey candle) that you d consider?
    Seems like 4 inside bars is already a lot, what do you think?
    thx

    Regards
    Reply
    • Nial Fuller April 22, 2015 at 9:54 am
      There is no maximum, but each chart/pattern is unique so it’s important to look at the entire context of the chart not just the individual price action pattern to make a decision. If there is 4 or more inside bars as part of the fakey pattern is can be very powerful if the market is trending or if the market is at a major level, but if the market is choppy then it might just continue that sideways grind and the inside bars are less significant. Filter each pattern on a case by case basis and discretion would be applied.
      Reply
  76. STELLA LOYOLA April 7, 2015 at 11:14 pm
    Thank you so much Nial , it is very informative and I learned a lot …
    I will use everything you teach … God bless ….

    Reply
  77. magar April 7, 2015 at 3:22 am
    Thank You So Much Nial
    Reply
  78. ALf March 20, 2015 at 8:56 pm
    Words.. that sent a ray of light to our understanding.
    I said it once and I will say it again.
    Nial… you have the magic to make it happen, everything looks so easy
    after you explain the way it works.
    Thanks for your knowledge and for sharing it with us.
    Alfredo Garcia (ALF)

    Reply
  79. hayder December 19, 2014 at 11:25 pm
    Ok, nial very nice your web,all your information is very good and we are more getting lessons ,
    But there is one persist problem ” probability” its no go awy.
    Thank you so much

    Reply
  80. john teebo September 15, 2014 at 8:03 am
    Thank you Nial your information is clear and to the point. Love your website
    Reply
  81. waqas August 31, 2014 at 6:29 am
    Thanks Nail you share it nice information.
    Reply
  82. Ivan August 25, 2014 at 12:54 pm
    Thenk you Nial!!!!
    Reply
  83. Yousif August 23, 2014 at 9:02 am
    You are the best
    Reply
  84. john August 1, 2014 at 11:28 pm
    Thank you very much mr nial fuller you are the best
    Reply
  85. terry shead July 20, 2014 at 5:42 am
    very good Nial
    Reply
  86. omolola adegbami July 14, 2014 at 2:08 am
    Nail I always enjoy your postings. Thanks for helping me.
    Reply
  87. Joel Ugbonta March 9, 2014 at 10:23 pm
    Thank you so much for this article. It has indeed helped me to weep away the fear of complicated market chart due to congestion of multi-indicators. I feel relieved and ready to work on myself using these strategies you have opened my eyes to. Thank you and hope to get more information from you that will keep me super-charge in this career.
    Reply
  88. azrol aziz March 7, 2014 at 10:15 pm
    tq.. i must learn this
    Reply
  89. Den Nguyen Van January 15, 2014 at 3:48 am
    I love trading with price action. Thank you so much
    Reply
  90. sandy lord November 4, 2013 at 9:40 am
    Nial–I was preparing a talk to a local Houston Investment Group last week, outlining my evolution as a trader over the last 5 years…As I prepared it, my theme became apparent…I had gradually over time eliminated all but a few key indicators and had become a scrupulous observer of price movement and action. Slowly over time I have become better at reading the story being told by the candle charts…seeking a good definition of what it was I was doing led me to various sites and then there it was…a whole system based on Price Action and tons of material by Nial Fuller…since my talk I have been to your various sites and love your material…I look forward to immersing myself further in the insightful writings and courses you have put together….
    Reply
  91. Ahmed Shafique October 29, 2013 at 2:02 am
    thank uu sooo much MR.NIAL through your i take mine demo account from 3000 dollars to 12000 dollars in one month :)
    Reply
  92. george erim October 25, 2013 at 4:17 am
    im happy a part of nial fx family. i look forward to becoming a successful forex trader soon.thanks for your lessons.
    Reply
  93. Sandile T September 23, 2013 at 12:19 am
    Hi Nail, I will always follow your trading style it is really profitable, but you need only a patience, for your trading being consistency.
    I salute you Mr, you are a man of GOD.

    Reply
  94. Ridwan Bs August 31, 2013 at 11:29 am
    Very Helpfull information for trading with tecnikal analysis..thank you..
    Reply
  95. Izu August 13, 2013 at 11:42 pm
    Thank you Nial. I just checked out your post on some charts and it confirms the strategy.
    Reply
  96. Sandile T August 11, 2013 at 8:46 am
    hi nail, it sandile again a south african citizen, you’l be surprised to tell you that reading you articles been blessing from God, why I say this is because every article you post is mana from heaven, and you’l be shocked to know that I am only nine months learning trading forex and I found your website four months ago and your three price action strategy is working marvelous on my demo account that I have made $2057 profit in only two weeks, may God bless you, thank you Mr Fuller.
    Reply
  97. Eugene Rivera July 19, 2013 at 1:09 pm
    Hi Nial
    I just discovered your “jewel of the down under”. Your website is awesome, I have been doing Forex for many years but because of finding the right info, I put it aside but sometimes I like to read all about strategies. Signed up for your newsletter, downloaded the NY 5-day charts from Axitrader and I am looking forward to purchase your price action course. I am a technical analysis guy and love to trade off the charts. I have started to read each one of your blog posts, so I’ll be busy for a while. Because of your pinbar strategy I understand the candlestick a lot better. Price action is where the real money is. Loved your crocodile article. Thanks so much…
    Reply
  98. Paul Samoey July 13, 2013 at 7:49 pm
    Nial,You have changed lives here in Kenya as echoed by Mr Kimotho.Your illustrations are so informative that I wonder why traders waste their times in other trading methods.I have been able to push my account from 500 USD to now 3500 USD within 3 months.Thanks Nial.keep on your good work,it’s not easy though.
    Reply
  99. Patrick Seeta July 2, 2013 at 11:24 pm
    am amaized at the technique… wow bravo
    Reply
  100. sohail June 15, 2013 at 12:17 am
    thnks for ur education about price action i m from pakistan and want to met u sir
    Reply
  101. sohail June 15, 2013 at 12:15 am
    your are very genius i like ur technique.
    Reply
  102. Isabel June 4, 2013 at 10:07 pm
    You have so many wonderful articles to read and, what I need is Time!
    Thanks!

    Reply
  103. Tom June 3, 2013 at 8:14 am
    WOW! Thanks for talking about price action charts! Will absolutely reference this in the future!
    Reply
  104. Shergs May 25, 2013 at 10:55 am
    Thanks Nial for the simple yet powerful explanation of these three trading setups. I think this is all I need for now to trade successfully in Forex. Thanks a million times, pal.
    Reply
  105. Salami olugbenga May 17, 2013 at 5:55 am
    Niall,,,,,,thaaaaaaanks ..I have been an indicator addict….so drunk in them that I lost $2000.. C c c thanks I know I can pick up again with ur price action so simple….
    Reply
  106. vlad April 20, 2013 at 6:02 am
    seems nice to learn this after I lost my acct.Makes me thirsty for knowledge.So bad I can not ever now afford this course :(.I’ll be rereading this again and having some questions.Blessed are those who have the money for the course.
    Reply
  107. mahmood March 31, 2013 at 4:39 am
    Great article. Thanks alot Nial
    Reply
  108. sever g March 14, 2013 at 7:14 am
    Great stuff I am glad I opened your page.Usually I am used to find 89% non sens stuff about trading.Keep up with the great work you are diferent and you will make the diference.
    Reply
  109. Seyi Adekola March 12, 2013 at 7:04 am
    Hi Neil,
    Great article. Thanks alotttttt :)
    Reply
  110. Mark March 6, 2013 at 4:51 pm
    hi Nial, need to leave a post,
    your articles and strats are awesome, from what i have read thus far it has improved my trading 10 fold.
    great stuff

    regards
    mark

    Reply
  111. Norman February 8, 2013 at 9:41 am
    Hi Nial, your article always inspirational, have to leave a remark to say thanks!You are the best one!
    Reply
  112. Ryan February 3, 2013 at 2:28 pm
    Nial,
    Your articles are just super. You describe in a very pointed manner using just a few words how to spot good setups.
    Thanks a ton. You rock.
    Reply
  113. Peter February 3, 2013 at 4:44 am
    Great! However, Nial forgets to mention one can have lots of whipsaws on the daily too! Trading options in my view, is the only way to reduce the R/RW on a trade, and sleep well!
    Reply
  114. Tunde R. January 14, 2013 at 8:15 pm
    thanks alot Nail, am learning forex again in a new dimesion. but just a little question, how many candle bars make up the
    fakey setup.
    hope to hear from you soon.

    Reply
    • Nial Fuller January 16, 2013 at 10:48 am
      Email me for more information Tunde
      Reply
  115. Thomas January 9, 2013 at 6:46 pm
    I have traded for some time, but still had a couple of questions. Then I found this website and I got answers to my questions. Thanks Nial ! I have allready improved my trading skills.
    Reply
  116. ebere john December 29, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    Thanks Nail for ǎ̜̍ wonderfull lesson, Reading your articles about price action has given my trading an edge, I understand the pin bar setup so I НªvΣ τ̅☺ master it properly, then I need more light on the fakey setup must it consist of ǎ̜̍ inside bar then ǎ̜̍ pinbar?
    Reply
  117. Shingam December 26, 2012 at 10:49 pm
    Great Nial, Thank your very much for your simple yet valuable advise
    Reply
  118. Adnan December 26, 2012 at 7:33 pm
    Love U Nial Fuller Gud Bles u :)
    Reply
  119. ace December 20, 2012 at 10:02 pm
    genius, is making complicated things simple, guess u fit right in.
    thanks
    Reply
  120. sonny December 15, 2012 at 9:38 pm
    Lord Fuller has a nicer ring to it…… :)
    Reply
  121. Richard December 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    Nial, having discovered your site.
    I have to start caling you Sir Nial, thank you for the heads up, simple and clear.
    Regards,
    Richard
    Reply
  122. quanghieu December 10, 2012 at 4:54 am
    Thank you . I have learnt a lot knowledges in this wed . I hope I will find many price action trading . I like this wed so much .
    Reply
  123. sunny November 28, 2012 at 9:34 pm
    great plz ur just wonderful its working may God bless u
    Reply
  124. sunny November 26, 2012 at 6:33 am
    please i want to know more
    Reply
  125. Sione October 14, 2012 at 8:23 am
    Am very thankful that come across this site and be a student of yours. How-much-more if I sit and learn from your workshop. Please let me know if I can see you
    Reply
  126. Johnpeter September 28, 2012 at 12:41 am
    Someone just introduced me to the site. I wonna stay here and learn :)
    Reply
  127. userkami September 5, 2012 at 5:31 pm
    Nail,
    I found good knowledge from your site.
    Thank you very much.
    Reply
  128. Anne July 27, 2012 at 7:17 pm
    Nial,
    The strategies that you have shared look great but just wondering how am i going to monitor the pattern formation since it is suitable to trade in a longer timeframe? It seems i have to sit in front of the computer for the whole day or even few days just to wait for it to form or else most of the times i will miss out the trade opportunities.
    Reply
  129. Betty July 11, 2012 at 11:36 pm
    Nial,
    I am reading this article the third time round. Sometimes I can see an inside bar but where the tail of the inside candles protrudes a little outside the mother bar. My question is should i still consider this an inside bar or its not?
    Reply
  130. Jones May 30, 2012 at 3:48 pm
    Hi Nial,
    I find your info educational but I’m more of a stocks trader and does your resources apply to stocks as well? THanks in advance!
    Reply
  131. API May 9, 2012 at 7:33 pm
    Thank you very much Nial :)
    Reply
  132. Billy May 7, 2012 at 5:50 am
    Hi Niall i have only been trading for a couple of months ,but have spent a lot of time scouring the net for different courses and mentors and your site tops the bill for me .I will get membership down the road when things pick up so for now i will just follow your lead Regards Billy
    Reply
  133. ponfa longtau January 31, 2012 at 9:22 pm
    nial,
    your trading technique has been an eye opener. once i was blind but now i can see! remain bless
    Reply
  134. William January 29, 2012 at 1:06 pm
    Hyper-space knowledge. Thanks for sharing all of your articles and your experiences in the forex market.
    Reply
  135. Akin olu November 27, 2011 at 7:25 am
    Ur price action renforces my whole idea trading fx using price action.watching closely where the inside bar price close will do a help.thanks alot.
    Reply
  136. maviiri godfrey September 24, 2011 at 11:54 pm
    descpline is good in trading as mentioned but some times a trader needs to be aggresive in case a good trend is indntified than being conservative which limits profits.
    Reply
  137. Naomi September 8, 2011 at 7:06 pm
    Thank you very much for your great articles. I have a question. Are inside bar and harami different? Do you consider a size of candle’s body for inside bar??? For example, if the mother candle has long wigs and small body (doji) but the baby candle engulfs the mother candle’s body but formed lower high and higher low. Is this inside bar???
    Thank you.
    Reply
  138. Larry H. July 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm
    Nial,
    Been a member almost a week now. WHAT A WEEK! THANKS!
    Going to be a WHALE of a journey. Great feeling knowing you have an experienced captan-mentor and a crew nearby that has your same intersts and speaks your same language.
    No more solidary sailing!
    Really feeling the need for a course workbook with related problems and answers so that we can test and check ourselves
    on our progress. Is that a future possibility? If so, I would like to be on your development and feedback team.
    Thanks Larry
    Reply
  139. Kevin July 18, 2011 at 6:37 am
    Hi Niall,
    Great site, I like the idea of trading only two or three strategies.
    Do you find the setups work best with any particular currency pairs?
    Kevin (England)
    Reply
  140. Sukoyo July 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm
    Hi Mr. Nail
    This is my first time receive your email, I am so intersted in your PRice Action strategic, I Had found the right method, but becouse English is not my mother language, some time I cannot clearly understand some words/phrase, any sugestions? thanks GBU
    Sukoyo (Indonesia)
    Reply
  141. Jenny June 29, 2011 at 8:44 pm
    Thank you for your clear explanations throughout your web-site. I have just joined and eagerly await (patiently!) my first Pin Bar trade in my demo account.
    Reply
  142. Vickie May 24, 2011 at 6:41 pm
    Nial,
    thank you again for your generousity in sharing this info…I am counting the days to buy your course and see what else you have to say :)
    Reply
  143. Allan May 24, 2011 at 3:35 am
    I have just stated today using using your strategies, thank you thank you.
    Reply
  144. Emmanuel U May 21, 2011 at 3:12 am
    Nail,
    Your work is very inspiring and revealing.Reading and listening to those videos marked a turning point in my trading life.
    Thanks for giving it back to the society.
    Besides, can you redefind in-side bar? Is the thread of the of the candle considered also or is it only the body?
    This clearification will help a lot.
    Thank for the good work and remain bless.
    Reply
    • nial May 21, 2011 at 4:16 pm
      Emmanuel please email for more help on inside bars mate.
      Reply
  145. moses May 11, 2011 at 8:09 am
    i am speechless.
    nial you are an angel.
    Reply
  146. John Learmonth May 10, 2011 at 6:51 am
    Hi Nial.
    In the second chart, the “Fakey” also seems to be a pin bar.
    Is that further validation of a feasible trade?
    Thanks for these excellent tips.
    John
    Reply
  147. Janet Bagumira May 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm
    I am new to forex trading and are grateful for these tips.
    I will eventually register.
    The pin bars and fakey set ups are quite interesting.
    I am glad I opened your website.
    Reply
  148. Joseph April 29, 2011 at 10:49 pm
    Great material, Nial, Been trading for 6 months and lost a bunch of money. I did the fakey set up and let the trade run. up $ 3,500 over night… Yes… Thank you…. Will see ya soon…
    Reply
  149. enock April 29, 2011 at 4:36 pm
    nice info bro,uh ave opened my eyes down here in africa,longlive
    Reply
  150. krastev April 21, 2011 at 5:51 am
    Hi Nial
    thak you very much for yr usefull info.
    much aprreciated.thanks again.
    Reply
  151. Sanjay April 9, 2011 at 2:28 am
    Sorry guys, just saw this beautiful article, and am ever so glad that i did. I can’t have a screen going on in the office, and i trade off Iphone (Demo a/c only). I teach on the nights and find it difficult to trade properly, but nevertheless, Nial’s teachings are made of gold. Easy to understand, the challenge is for me to apply them.
    Thanks Nial!
    Reply
  152. Kati March 24, 2011 at 12:41 am
    Hi Nail
    Thank you for the help, its really great.
    Kati
    Reply
  153. Paul March 23, 2011 at 3:30 am
    Great detail Nial. Very clear and precise. Can these setups be used on a 15 TF?
    Reply
    • Nial March 24, 2011 at 1:39 pm
      no , i don’t trade small timeframes like that.
      Reply
  154. rikus March 19, 2011 at 11:31 pm
    Hai Nial,
    I re-read your articles to get a clear picture of price action setups. Thank u v much for your sincerity in helping beginners.
    Rikus
    Reply
  155. Tomson March 19, 2011 at 8:53 pm
    Many Thanks,
    Great info and this really is very helpful.
    Short and clear, excellent.
    Regards
    Tomson
    Reply
  156. Alex March 13, 2011 at 4:39 pm
    Hi Nial, Brilliant as per usual!thank you sir! i’d appreciate a bit more detail on the 2 setups you refer to with Inside bar setups and Fakey setups.
    I’ve been micro trading whilst trying to grasp your trading methods. I’ve made some appalling mistakes,but thanks to your generosity i am aware of what i didn’t do properly and feel much more confident about trading profitably with my meagre funds. I committed before that i will sign up for your course and attest to that promise here again. Cheers
    Reply
  157. eric March 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm
    thank you Nial, a fascinating lesson. But I want to ask how to distinguish a pattern is formed an inside bar or a fakey setup, because fakey setup also begins with the inside bar.
    Thanks
    Reply
    • nial March 12, 2011 at 1:33 pm
      There are 2 setups, Inside bar setups and fakey setups. Inside bars are break out patterns, where as the fakey is a “false break” of the actual inside bar break out. Email me fore more info on that.
      Reply
  158. Galen February 21, 2011 at 6:45 am
    Hello Mr. Fuller
    Rather straight forward. Clear. Time to journal one of your primary “price action” setups. Which one? Hummm
    Reply
  159. Florin January 25, 2011 at 7:16 pm
    I really like how you analyze the market. I find it helpful, Thanks very much for materials that you send me! a good day!
    Reply
  160. Tony January 24, 2011 at 3:44 pm
    Thanks for the great info, Nial. Can’t wait to buy the course.
    Reply
  161. Jonah January 6, 2011 at 4:26 am
    Hi Nial,
    I really want to thank you for your material on price action setup which as really help me to improve my knowledge in forex trading, God bless you and wishing you the very best in the new year and the years to come, a very big thank you.
    Best Regards
    Jonah (UK)
    Reply
  162. Austin Osaji December 15, 2010 at 6:11 pm
    Hi Nial,
    I am grateful for your the materials, its really comprehensive. I am very grateful for it. more grease to your elbow. Thanks very much.
    Reply
  163. dafcreation November 24, 2010 at 11:41 pm
    nice info brother thanks alot, much appreciated
    Reply
  164. Ezzywave November 23, 2010 at 10:01 am
    Just traded the EURJPY pin bar reversal at 0800 GMT (22/11/10) took profit at 3 x risk and then saw the price drop to 5 x risk before consolidating!
    Thanks for the top advice Nial on taking a 4 hour + view point on the markets.
    Reply
  165. Gildo November 16, 2010 at 3:22 am
    Hi Nial,
    Thanks thanks thanks thanks…
    I never knew that price action is the best thing after…. well.. after price action!!
    I am forever indebted to you!
    Reply
  166. Ricky October 26, 2010 at 2:05 am
    Nial,
    Do you designate a bar an inside bar based upon using the wicks of both the mother bar and the following bar or do you just use the bodies of the two bars to make this determination?
    As always thank you for your help.
    Ricky
    Reply
  167. gg October 23, 2010 at 2:24 am
    fab as usual
    Reply
  168. Doug R October 21, 2010 at 8:51 am
    Simple but effective… not easy just very simple. Price action is the way to be profitable in forex trading.
    Reply
  169. Jose Maria October 18, 2010 at 9:13 pm
    Hi Nial,
    With your knowledge and your teaching material you are giving me a great set of tools to improve and succeed trading the market, you have a great name of the site “learn to trade the market” you honnor it, and I am in the right way to do it!!
    Thank you very much!!
    José.
    Reply
  170. Thrinethra October 16, 2010 at 4:25 am
    I’m also learning a lot from your website.I am very happy now becoz ur price action course is pretty simple and logical.Your material is simply awesome.I found good knowledge from your site.
    Thanks Nial
    Reply
  171. Gildo August 10, 2010 at 11:17 pm
    This looks awesome.
    I will try everything out in my demo and give you the feedback.
    Cheers
    Reply
  172. Eugene July 13, 2010 at 3:51 pm
    i’m learning a lot on your website. i have just discovered it 2 days ago. But i feel really happy to have been able to find some set ups ands strategies like those ones
    Reply
  173. Jesse March 4, 2010 at 1:44 pm
    Your information has helped me tremendously, I trade just the close of the daily and I am making and average of 1% a day…..Thank you!!!
    Reply
    • Nial March 4, 2010 at 4:03 pm
      5 daily bars per week, correct close for candles is important.
      Reply
  174. Tom March 2, 2010 at 4:14 pm
    Hi Nial,
    How do we keep using meta trader as a demo account with our trading? i opened one but it is only giving me one month free account.
    Reply
    • nial March 8, 2010 at 5:06 am
      click file, open a new demo account.
      have a good one.
      Reply
  175. Phil White February 28, 2010 at 9:36 pm
    Hi Nial,
    I am using a meta trader trading platform which does not show it as a pin bar at all! Is it possible that different platforms could be so different? The platform i am using shows price open 87.33, close 85.14,
    hi 87.48, lo 84.80? Appreciate your opinion, PW
    Reply
    • nial March 1, 2010 at 1:38 am
      We Use a DIFFERENT CHART SERVER – using mt4 for the new york style close charts. This makes only 5 daily bars appear per week, and you will have yoru signals looking like the charts we use. SO, you can trade with who you want, but WE USE DIFFERENT CHARTS, thus why i stress traders have a broker platform and a seperate chart platform to relfect what we do. Nial
      Reply
  176. Michael D February 24, 2010 at 1:19 am
    I think that the knowledge about forex trading that you impart is great. Which time frame is best suited for the pin bar setup?
    Michael
    Reply
    • nial February 25, 2010 at 10:44 pm
      Hi, Daily and 4 hour is best for pins
      Reply
  177. Jeff W February 14, 2010 at 5:42 am
    I came across Nial on Youtube and all I can say is WOW! I want to thank you for publishing those vidoes for free. I am NOT a freeloader and I am going to take your course within a month. But just threw $500 into a micro account and read your entire site, watched all the videos and my account is over $1500 since the 25th of Jan.! I know there is SOOO much more in the course as far as entries, exits, and stops, and that’s what I am really excited about! Tahanks again Nial and I’ll see you in the course VERY soon! Going through a divorce and can’t afford it yet LOL
    Reply
  178. Galen Tarrence February 7, 2010 at 3:09 am
    Reading a lot of your material. Nial, you started a beautiful romance between myself and price. Look forward to your mentor-ship and course down the line; mean while I will keep reading your stuff.
    Reply
  179. Kennedy Kimotho January 22, 2010 at 3:32 am
    Speechless is what I am Nial I dint think I could order the course coz the money was rare but after doubling my account with the few strategies you shared with me and the rest of the ‘believers’ then am well in my way to order it Nial so I can change fate as I am from a humble beginning down here in Africa….Thanx Nial is all I can say.
    Ken
    Reply
  180. tyrone kimble January 20, 2010 at 1:55 pm
    Most comprehensive price action chart to date…
    Reply
  181. D. Adryll January 20, 2010 at 7:41 am
    What period would you recommend for the moving averages. What works better with price action? Is moving average necessary with price action?
    Reply
    • Nial January 21, 2010 at 2:19 pm
      Price action is best used with “confluent ” evidence, such as a key market level, prior price action even area, or a moving average level. Where the price action signal forms is important, the more you have to back it up as confirmation , the better.
      Reply

Leave a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment